8.13.2010

Homeward Bound

It seems like every summer seems to go by faster than the last. This has definitely been the case for this summer. Tomorrow we head home after our summer adventure in Washington, DC/Virginia/Maryland. It has been such a great experience for us (we've spent more time as a married couple out here, than we have in SLC!). Don and I have had fun sight seeing together, exploring new places together and being away from "home" together. We had fun making new friends, seeing old friends and welcoming visitors! Don has really enjoyed his internship at the RNC and it has been fun to hear all of his stories and adventures. I learned this summer how to relax (this was my first summer not working or being in school in SEVEN YEARS!!!!!). I am not very good at relaxing, and tend to "overbook" myself, so it was an adjustment at first having so much spare time. But now, I feel rested and ready to head back to work on Monday and then welcome my new batch of third graders on the 25th. I just hope that Don will have some time for some little r&r before he heads back for his LAST year at the University of Utah.

2 comments:

  1. How fun for you guys! I'm glad you enjoyed your summer in magical DC. :) By the way, you're doing a good job updating your blog. Keep doing it! I love keeping up with you this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you both have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete