3.07.2011

Gardening...


For whatever reason, I have become obsessed with the idea of gardening. Apparently when you get married you all of the sudden become domestic and like to do things such as cooking and gardening--both of which I had absolutely zero interest in growing up. Our apartment complex has a community garden that you can rent a space in for the summer. Last summer we couldn't do it because we were in DC for 3 months, so I have been looking forward to this for nearly a year! 

Luckily, my mother-in-law and I have been taking a gardening class at Red Butte Gardens, which has been helpful. However, you know its bad when you are in the beginning gardening class and still at times don't know what the teacher is talking about! I have started the "early crops" in trays in our kitchen. I won't mention that it has taken up half of our counter space, and at the moment just looks like trays of dirt soil. 

This is going to be a grand adventure! And for those that know me, a great exercise of patience!! More to come on that...once the seeds decide to sprout. (They should hurry up already!)

Happy planting!

No comments:

Post a Comment