1.04.2013

17 weeks & a small update

I am not even going to make a new year's resolution to blog more, because as long as we have the full-time work/full-time grad school thing going on at our house, that's just not happening. So, as per tradition, here's the annual update.

We found out that we are expecting our first baby! I took 6 pregnancy tests because I couldn't believe it was real (in a good way). That news of course has been the highlight of the last few months. And other than the usual Thanksgiving/Christmas stuff, we have headed to baby land. We have been busy preparing for baby, even though he has a while until his debut. Winter break is my last real break from school/work until he arrives. So, let the nesting begin!


How far along? 17 weeks
Maternity clothes? Mostly just pants. It makes my stomach hurt to have anything pushing on my stomach. Plus I am large. Not cute-pregnant large, but people judge me because they think I-ate-too- many-holiday-treats large.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: For a while I was waking up every morning at 4:30 am and could never fall back asleep (in addition to the bathroom trips throughout the night). Luckily that has gone away, and I am sleeping pretty well.
Best moment this week: Starting to buy BOY baby clothes, now that we know what we're having.
Miss anything? Ibuprofen. I have been plagued with almost daily headaches and let's face it, Tylenol is just not good.
Movement: One or two times I have thought I have felt something, but it's hard to say.
Food cravings: water (I have to constantly be drinking--I am so thirsty!) Other than that, not really. The ramen noodle/ white rice phase has gone away (aka plain, bland food).
Anything making you queasy or sick? Not this week. The gagging about every.little.thing has seemed to subside.
Gender: Boy
Symptoms: Headaches and zero energy
Looking forward to: Telling the first graders that the baby is a boy! Before we went on winter break, we made a graph of what they thought the baby was. Nearly  everyone thought a girl--mostly because I have a girl-heavy class and they all voted girl. :)

1 comment:

  1. You look so much like your Mom in that pic. So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete