7.25.2010

GOP Youth Issues Convention

Yesterday Don and I (I embraced the inner Republican that sometimes goes into hiding) attended the GOP Youth Issues Convention (their website is pretty old and hasn't been updated for a while). Admittedly, I was a little skeptical at first, but it turned out to be a really neat experience. We broke up into different committees to sketch out a platform of different issues pertinent to the GOP youth to then be presented to the higher powers that be in the GOP. Don was the state chair person for Utah as well as on the immigration committee and I was the chair of the education committee. It was fun and interesting to discuss and debate different issues of the day. There were several points where it got pretty heated--which, being somewhat political junkies, Don and I quite enjoyed. (We can't help it!). I was also able to meet some of the people that Don works with and some of the Hatch summer interns (where I interned last summer).

Some of the other RNC interns that Don does phone banking with on Thursday nights

1 comment:

  1. Jen is a heck of a debater. Along with one other, she was able to easily develop the education platform. Yup, that's my wife!

    ReplyDelete